Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hop, Skip and a Jump ahead!

February 2010: I know! A few years have passed and guess what!! I'm still ONLY taking Selenium and Vitamin E and My TSH is 2.0 and my TPO antibodies are 290. At this point I'm feeling pretty good but not completely normal. I'm still having some Hypothyroid symptoms like:

  • Fatigue

  • Headaches

  • Nausea

  • Heart Palps

All these symptoms are no where near as bad as they were in 2007 but they are still not pleasant and I'd like to get rid of them.


After doing some research online I find out that one of the most important test to get done when you are hypothyroid is Free T3 .I decided to see a holistic doctor to see why I'm still having symptoms when my TSH is in a normal range and to find out what my Free T3 level is.


RESULTS:



  • Free T3 is 2.2 ( Normal range is 2.4-4.4)

Aha!!! This could be why I'm still having hypothyroid symptoms.


I started taking 37mg of Zinc and 1mg of copper after reading THIS article.


I'm taking THIS supplement and THIS supplement.


One month later my Free T3 is up to 3.0 and I feel so much better! Now onto dealing with those pesky TPO antibodies!

2 comments:

  1. While the article says, "the correct ratio of zinc to copper is 5:1 for females," the levels you are taking don't correspond with that ratio. How did you determine what dosage to take?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine,
    My doctor said for every 20mg of zinc to take 1mg of copper. Because I'm closer to taking 40mg of zinc I actually can take an extra 1mg of copper. What I'm taking right now just happens to be the ratio that is in my supplements. I do get a lot of copper in my diet but I've been thinking about taking more copper. Thanks for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete